Trauma-Informed Individual Therapy for Adults
It is courageous and hopeful to reach out for help.
My therapeutic approach will get you out of your head, help you move through immobilizing shame, anxiety and fear; so you can connect to your deeper feelings of strength and resilience.
A good therapeutic relationship is the foundation for change. I actively:
- Create safety through openness, curiosity and awareness of your strengths
- Accompany and guide you on the path towards healing
- Stay in the present with awareness of your body, energetic shifts, and the moments you move to more expansive states
- Offer corrective emotional experiences
- Enhance positive emotions which results in healthier functioning, relatedness, integration and emotional resilience
- Support the transformation of your sense of self, your worldview, and the way you show up for others
Symptom Relief and Self-Transformation
If you are suffering from symptoms of anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance and feelings of low self-worth related to past or recent traumatic experiences and have not found relief or the support you need, I can help you.
For over 30 years, I have treated people recovering from trauma using a variety of therapeutic methods that have proven effective for symptom relief. But the goal of treatment goes beyond alleviating symptoms. From the beginning, the process involves using the energy of positive change to develop resilience, wholeness and self-transformation.
Treatment is tailored to bring about change at a core level by weaving together various therapeutic modalities including:
- Attachment Therapy: AEDP – Certified in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Adaptive Information Processing Model: EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Level II, trained by Francine Shapiro in 1992
- Parts Work: IFS – Internal Family Systems
- Somatic Trauma Healing: Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Pat Ogdan, Janina Fisher
- Body-Focused Trauma Healing: Somatic Experiencing, Peter Levine