Trisha Rowe, LCSW License LC13444, Certified AEDP Therapist, EMDR Therapist, Trauma-Informed Therapy
My belief in the ability to use the difficulties in life for growth come out of my own experiences of mental illness and disability in my family of origin. I actively worked on my own resilience and pursued growth and happiness beyond what seemed possible in my earlier life. My inner work and the wisdom I have gained has given me trust and confidence in the rewards of using one’s life experiences to open up to new levels of development and growth. This helps me to trust the process of being with clients in vulnerable moments, see their strength, listen compassionately and deeply trust the process of transformation.
Credentials and Education
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, 1986 LC13444
- MSW Social Welfare, UC Berkeley, 1986
- BS Cum Laude Psychology, University of Massachusetts, 1981
- BA Women’s Studies, University of Massachusetts, 1980
Psychotherapy has evolved and I am grateful to be trained in models of therapy that create deep and lasting change:
- AEDP – Certified in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Level II, trained by Francine Shapiro in 1992
- IFS – Internal Family Systems, Ongoing consultation
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Pat Ogdan, Janina Fisher
- Somatic Experiencing, Peter Levine
I am also strongly influenced by the teachings of Hameed Ali, Tara Brach, Francis Weller. I appreciate their generous teachings and guidance in practices of turning inward for self discovery, and the transformational opportunities that creates. I have been involved in the Diamondheart School and studied the Enneagram for many years.