Trauma-Informed Individual Therapy for Adults
Therapeutic Services for individual adults:
- Heal recurring attachment patterns related to relational trauma
- Work with adults from families with mental health and/or substance abuse issues
- Treat PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Support life transitions (eg. career change, illness, divorce)
- Teach self-care and how to recognize and reduce codependent relationship patterns
- Help people feel more alive and less depressed
- Teach how to calm the nervous system and be less anxious
- Treat Dissociative Disorders
- Work with people identified as LBGTQIA
- Guide individuals to actualize their full potential
My practice consists of individuals with diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. I personally identify as a white lesbian cisgender woman (she/her) and continually strive to be anti-racist and anti-sexist, uproot homophobia and transphobia, and work to ensure justice for all people.
Psychotherapy has evolved and I am grateful to be trained in models of therapy that create deep and lasting change:
- AEDP – Certified in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Level II, trained by Francine Shapiro in 1992
- IFS – Internal Family Systems, Ongoing consultation
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Pat Ogdan, Janina Fisher
- Somatic Experiencing, Peter Levine
I strongly believe in tailoring therapy to meet a client’s personal needs. This process involves moving at a pace that helps an individual come forward naturally. I specialize in working with people who are ending cycles of abuse, violence and neglect; whether from childhood or the recent past. In my 30 years of practice, I have helped many people move beyond guilt, shame, and disconnection; to acquire strength, lightness and open-heartedness.
Please Contact me for a consultation today.
* Due to COVID-19 sessions will primarily be conducted through Telehealth (HIPAA compliant)